How dirty is your carpet at home? It’s important to consider the large portion of substances deep within your carpets that vacuuming cannot reach. Left untreated, these substances, including bacteria and mould and mildew spores, can have a serious impact on your health and the health of your family and pets. They can exacerbate conditions such as eczema, hay fever, allergic reactions and allergies in general.
Bugs and Bacteria
Without even realising, your carpet could be full of many unwelcome guests. These include fleas, moth larvae, dust mites and possibly more including a variety of bacteria. Many of these microscopic creatures stick around due to the steady supply of dead skin flakes we shed every day. While it may sound harmless, creatures like dust mites can affect human health. They can cause allergic reactions and various research suggests allergies to dust mites can be a large contributor to childhood asthma.
Mould, Mildew and More
Similar to microscopic insects, mould, mildew and other possible bacteria can be in our carpet without us even realising. Harmful pathogens and bacteria can go undetected and cause illness in the household. Mould and mildew thrive in humid, warm environments. Food and drink spills can leave behind various bacteria that can lead to allergies, colds, sneezing, and even long-term breathing issues.
What can you do?
There are a few things you can do to minimise the potential harm your carpet’s ecosystem could cause.
Here are some useful tips to prolong the life of your carpet and to keep it safe for the family and pets.
- Use a floor mat – Place a floor mat outside the front and back doors of your home to trap surface dirt and grime.
- Remove shoes – Removing shoes before walking on your carpet can minimise the transfer of bacteria.
- Leave gumboots or work boots outside the home. Don’t wear them into the house if they have been trudging in mud, sand or wet grass.
- Vacuum once a week – Vacuuming will help prevent the build-up of dust and dirt.\
- Remove stains immediately – Use simple household products or a commercially bought stain remover to remove any food spills or wine stains. Be sure to conduct a spot test before you apply any solution to carpets. Check our blogs for suggestions of green homemade stain remover solutions.
- Call the professionals – The best way to approach this hidden world is getting a professional carpet clean annually. At DryTech Sydney, we provide a Carpet Cleaning Service to help keep your carpet free of dirt and allergens. Our extensive carpet cleaning process can improve the health of you and your household while bringing your carpet back to life.
- Use professional stain remover services for stubborn stains – Stains that are old (i.e. you do not know its origins) or large (i.e widespread) should be treated by a professional carpet cleaning company like DryTech Carpet Stain Remover Services in Sydney.
- Use professional steam cleaning services – Professional steam cleaning is recommended at least once a year. Professional companies have high-powered equipment and hospital grade disinfectant to ensure that the carpet in your home is properly cleaned and treated.
How often should you clean the carpet in your home?
Cleaning your carpets is a worthwhile task to prolong the life and quality of your carpets and to make the most out of your investment. However, we understand that cleaning carpets can take a lot of time and effort, and it is difficult to prioritise this over the many things on your to-do list. But, this doesn’t mean it isn’t important or that it shouldn’t be of high priority.
Carpets are the single most used item in your home. They experience more wear and tear than anything else in your entire house (in most cases). Without thorough cleaning, dirt, pet dander, food particles and dust mites THRIVE. What happens when all these particles thrive? Bacteria grows and germs spread, leaving you and your family with a potentially very unhealthy home. You can limit the growth of bacteria by vacuuming regularly but it is important to treat your carpet to a deep clean every 6 to 12 months.
Deep cleans involve sanitising, cleaning, deodorising and protecting your carpet. DIY machines often leave a sticky residue that becomes worse each time you step foot on your carpet, as it attracts new dirt and acts like a magnet against preserving them. This makes DIY deep cleans last all of a few days before your carpet reaches the level of bacteria that requires another. DryTech’s fully-trained experts use equipment that extracts the residue and bacteria to bring the life back to your carpets. The specialised treatments and technicians clean and sanitise the carpet (including spot treatments), then deodorise, and finally protect your carpet against dirt and bacteria until the next timely deep clean – 6 to 12 months later.
Whether your carpets in a residential or commercial space need a thorough clean, or restoration after flooding or major spills, the team at DryTech can help to restore and refresh your carpets. Get in touch with us today to discuss how our carpet cleaning can give your carpets a longer, healthier life.
There are a few things you can do to minimise the potential harm your carpet’s ecosystem could cause. Removing shoes before walking on your carpet can minimise the transfer of bacteria. Vacuuming once a week will help prevent the build-up of dust and dirt. However, the best way to approach this hidden world is getting a professional carpet clean annually. At JAE, we provide a Carpet Cleaning Service to help keep your carpet free of dirt and allergens. Our extensive carpet cleaning process can improve the health of you and your household while bringing your carpet back to life.
DryTech Carpet Cleaning is one of Sydney’s best domestic cleaning and carpet cleaning companies. For more information about our wide range of services or a free quote call: 0408 578 918 or email: email@example.com